web analytics
Gorgeous chicken salad with strips of pecorino, almonds, olives and snow pea shoots.

Winning

It’s been a big week in blogland – first there was the exciting news that VegemiteVix had won bronze in the very competitive #England competition on Expats Blogs! Bronze! Wow. I’m absolutely thrilled and very thankful for all you lovely people who voted and said such brilliant things about the blog. Thanks.

Living in England

Then hard on the heels of that little bit of excitement I received an email from GoAbroad.com the huge travellers’ network with over 50 million tuning in, to say that VegemiteVix has been included in a list of Top International Foodie Blogs.

O.M.G

Thank you so much, I am delighted. I think that’s very real applause for the Vegemite/Antipodean way of life and seeing things. So I guess I need to put up some pics of the brilliant food I’m enjoying here in Auckland – like this pretty little chicken salad I devoured at Rosehip in Parnell on Monday.

Yum, yum and double yum. And thank you for all for reading and commenting.

Vegemitevix is the story of a crazy Kiwi travel blogger and expat Mum who swapped Vegemite for Marmite, Pavlova for Pork Pies, and beautiful beaches for Blighty all for the love of an Englishman she met in Paris. Now back in New Zealand Vegemitevix blogs about travel, expat life, parenting teenagers and how to blog. Please follow on Google + my Google Profile+.

'Winning' has 43 comments

1. December 18, 2012 @ 12:19 am Sally

Very well deserved :)

• December 18, 2012 @ 12:21 am vegemitevix

Thank you so much Sally, that means a lot coming from you especially with what you’ve achieved with Tots100. Mwah! x

2. December 18, 2012 @ 12:20 am expatmum

Snap – I’m a bronze for the USA. Very cool circles we’re moving in. xx

• December 18, 2012 @ 12:22 am vegemitevix

LOL. Very true! Was thinking about you yesterday as I met with someone who could have been your Kiwi sister. Would love to see you down this part of the world..

3. December 18, 2012 @ 12:50 am Russell V J Ward

Congrats on the bronze, my dear. Well deserved. Now it’s time to change the banner at the top of your blog – you’re a wonderful repat now and hopefully loving it 😉

• December 18, 2012 @ 9:15 am vegemitevix

Thank you Russell. I am loving it! And will be rebranding VegemiteVix in the new year. Though still talking about expat life, travel, parenting, food and other interesting stuff just adding in the Kiwi angle. Stand by. xx

4. December 18, 2012 @ 4:26 am Aisha Isabel Ashraf

Congratulations! I’ve arrived at the party too late to vote, I’m sorry. Still you did just fine without me – thrilled for you, and congrats on the Foodie listing too :-)

• December 18, 2012 @ 9:16 am vegemitevix

Thank you hun. It’s been such a busy time for everyone, hey. Still going to get Moving Stories published and ready for us all to pop on our blogs….just need more time in a day.

5. December 18, 2012 @ 6:44 pm MidlifeSinglemum

Congratulations on the awards. xx